What causes travel constipation?
- Stress before you leave for vacation
- Not enough fluids in high temperatures
- New time zone and an unfamiliar daily routine
- Unfamiliar food and spices
- Fear of unfamiliar toilets (so you are more likely to 'wait' till later)
What you can do before and during the holiday
- Make sure your diet is high in fibre.
- Drink enough fluids.
- Exercise regularly.
- Try to take regular bathroom breaks.
- When making up your travel first-aid kit, remember a gentle and fast acting laxative.